Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Blegheim (pronounce it slowly...)

Apparently the entirety of this quarter of blogs has to be based on the suggestions given in the first blog post by Ms. Reinstein. I don’t know if that’s possible because there are fewer blog suggestions than we have blogs to write.
One of the blog suggestions is to put yourself in a characters shoes and consider the decisions they made. Obviously I am going to put myself in Odysseus’s shoes (or sandals) because we are reading that book now. When Odysseus makes the decision to sail his ship through the cave of Scylla rather than Charybdis, I think he made the right choice. If he would have sailed through to Charybdis he would have lost all of his men, rather than sail to Scylla which would only take out 7 of them. I think he also made a wise choice in not telling the men the monster was going to attack them. If he had, the men surely would have tried to save themselves just to live, and the monster might have torn up the entire ship just looking for them. * as of that asterisk I finished with exactly 200 words, how about that?

No comments: